MacGillivray Freeman Looking for Freelance Copywriter
MacGillivray Freeman is hiring a Copywriter on a contractual basis for several high-profile creative projects. This is your opportunity to contribute to a new chapter of the highest-grossing IMAX documentary company in the world.
The Copywriter’s role is to develop and produce online projects for MacGillivray Freeman’s new website as well as other key multimedia projects.
You’ll work in a highly collaborative environment with colleagues in Digital Media, Business Development, Marketing and Communications.
Beyond being a talented copywriter, you should have a strong working knowledge of marketing, design, and a passion for film and digital media. You'll be challenged to think conceptually and find innovative solutions to tell the MacGillivray Freeman story in a way that captivates a wide range of audiences – ultimately creating new business opportunities for the company. In return, you’ll have an opportunity to work in the ultimate creative environment with experienced, collaborative film and marketing professionals.
- A minimum of 5 years of copywriting experience in advertising, design, web development, film or related fields
- Strong conceptual and writing skills with a comprehensive knowledge of the entertainment and digital media landscape
- An online portfolio of print, digital (web and video) and social media work
- Proficiency in branding, social, online marketing and entertainment mediaconcepts
- Ability to create concepts and copy that deliver on creative briefs and align to business goals
- Working knowledge of film, online media and user experience analysis is aplus
-Proficiency in client/external presentation development – from conceptualizing to execution
- Ability to envision creative ways to leverage film, online ideas and technologies
- Attention to detail (punctuation, grammar, tone of voice) a must
If interested in the position, please contact Molly Malloy at [email protected] with a resume and cover letter.