Pacific Albacore with Vegetable Succotash
Pacific Albacore with Vegetable SuccotashBy Meghan MacGillivray Serves 4 People
4 fillets Pacific Albacore 1 lemon, squeezed 4 sprigs parsley for garnish
salsa: 1 onion, chopped fine 2 tomatoes, chopped 1 jalapeno, minced 1 clove garlic, minced 1 lime, zested and squeezed
succotash: 4 stalks asparagus, chopped 1 large zucchini, chopped 2 summer squash, chopped 2 carrots, chopped 1 onion, chopped 2 tbsp. olive oil salt and pepper 2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup lentils 2 1/2 cups water 1 bay leaf 1/2 tsp. salt
balsamic reduction (either bought or reduced)
- First prepare the lentils. Place the lentils, water, bay leaf and salt in a pot with a lid. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Let cook until lentils are tender. Drain and remove bay leaf.
- Prepare the salsa. Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Set aside.
- Next prepare succotash. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add garlic, carrots and onions. Cook until slightly tender and then add asparagus, followed by squash and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat another skillet and add olive oil. Season fish and place in pan. Briefly cook on one side 2-3 minutes until there is a slight sear. Gently flip the fish and cook on other side for another 4 minutes. Add lemon juice.
- Plate with succotash in center with lentils next to it. Place fish on top of succotash. Top with salsa. Drizzle balsamic reduction around plate. Garnish fish with parsley.