Steamed Clams in White Wine Sauce
As part of our GO Fish! campaign, highlighting National Seafood Month, we're posting a new sustainable seafood recipe every day in October.
INGREDIENTS:Serves 4 People
2 Lbs Littleneck Clams, scrubbed 2 links turkey or chicken sausage, chopped into 1/2 inch slices 6 asparagus stalks, chopped 1 yellow onion, chopped fine 1 Tbs. garlic, chopped fine 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1 cup white wine 2 lemons, squeezed 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped fine
- Saute the onion and garlic and olive oil in large Dutch oven, cook until translucent.
- Add the sausage and brown slightly.
- Add asparagus and cook slightly so it is still crunchy.
- Remove sausage and asparagus and set aside.
- Add wine, lemon and clams and cover pot.
- Steam for 3-5 minutes until all the clams have opened. Discard those that remain closed.
- Add asparagus and sausage to the sauce and plate with clams.
- Add parsley before serving, with extra sauce.