Tofu and Catfish Stir-fry
Although most stirfries don’t typically use fish, catfish is fantastic to fry up and serve with veggies. Using the same marinade on both the tofu and the catfish makes preparation even easier. Pairing the dish with rice rounds out the meal. If you don’t enjoy the taste of tofu you can easily add more catfish instead. The marinade can also be used in many other dishes, as it has both a sweet and savory flavor.
4 fillets catfish, patted dry¼ package firm tofu, patted dry and sliced into strips 2 cup edamame (can be frozen) shelled 2 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces 1 yellow onion, chopped fine 3 carrot, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces 1 small head broccoli, chopped into 1 inch pieces 1 can water chestnuts, sliced 10 button mushrooms, sliced 3 cup white rice 6 cups water
Marinade3 tbsp soy sauce 3 tbsp olive oil 2 lemon, juiced 1 tbsp honey 2 tbsp sesame seeds ½ tsp sesame oil 1 lime, juiced ½ tbsp whole grain mustard
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade and let sit.
- Place half of marinade over tofu and half over fish.
- Cook rice in rice cooker or saucepan, covered until tender and water has evaporated.
- Cook fish briefly with sauce in pan, about 1 minute per side.
- Sauté tofu with sauce in another pan.
- Sauté all vegetables together with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Once vegetables are tender, tofu is slightly browned, and fish is cooked, remove from heat.
- Plate rice, then veggies, then top with fish and tofu.